As well as matching those who wish to play sport with those who teach it and the necessary facilities, the Foundation proposes to promote and join with existing national and international sporting activities.
Future plans include (the list will change as the Foundation grows and develops):
- To provide sporting occasions where the name, values and the work of the Foundation can be shared
- To foster national and international links, sharing good practice, where people can participate through volunteering and leadership if not through active engagement in sport
- To create sport networks and engage through festivals linked to major sporting events which happen every year
- To put teams in touch with one another to play friendly one-off games
- To encourage sporting participation in the spirit of the Foundation’s values, including mass participation in festivals reflecting international events through to arranging friendly matches between teams endorsing our values
- To establish bursaries, subject to fundraising, or offer particular gifts in kind, to enable the participation of young people who would otherwise not have the necessary kit, support, ability to travel or other prerequisites for using their talents to the full
- To launch the John Paul II Foundation for Sport Awards
- To establish an Annual Awards Evening to celebrate & spread awareness of diverse contributions to sport in the spirit of the Foundation’s values
- To commit to promoting research and deeper study of sport and spirituality.