- Educate young people, whatever their abilities, through sport
- Develop communities through sport
- To inspire and support schools and clubs across the country to utilise and promote values-driven sport and physical education so as to enhance physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth of individuals for the greater good of society.
- To free up as many sports facilities as possible in schools for after-school clubs so that young people can get off the streets and play a sport, discovering their sense of identity in sports clubs rather than gangs.
- Through sports training, help young ex-offenders to desist from criminal activity.
2017 strategic objectives
- Enable young people to develop their character by enhancing their motivation and aspirations, and rejecting self-destructive behaviour
- Empower schools and clubs to be the best for their young members
- Strengthen community cohesion thus reducing the danger of radicalisation
- Reduce reoffending rates among young ex-offenders
- Convince, and enable, young people not in education, employment or training (NEETS) to find employment for their own good and the benefit of society
- Persuade authorities of the educational benefits of sport so as to improve their support and funding